Cookies are short reports that are sent and stored on the hard drive of the user’s computer through your browser when you connect to a website. Cookies can be used to collect and store data while the user is connected to provide the services requested and are not usually preserved (session cookies) or retain user data for a futures and other services that can be stored indefinitely (persistent cookies). Cookies can be themselves or others.
There are several types of cookies:
- Cookies techniques that facilitate user navigation and the use of different options or services offered by the web and identify the session, to allow access to certain areas, facilitate orders, shopping, filling out forms, registration, security, ease features (videos, social networks, etc.).
- Cookies customization allow users to access services according to their preferences (language, browser settings, etc.).
- Cookies analysis that allows anonymous analysis of the behavior of Web users and to measure the activity of users and develop profiles of navigation in order to improve websites.
- Cookies allow advertising management slots on the web.
- Cookies enable personalized advertising management slots on the web based on the behavior and browsing habits of the user, where you get your profile and this allows you to customize the advertising displayed on the user’s browser.
However, please note that you can enable or disable these cookies following the instructions of your internet browser.
/ Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647
/ Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9
/ Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-we
/ Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042